Want to learn how shuffle a deck of playing cards? In order to be a great dealer for poker, baccarat, blackjack, Texas Hold'Em or any other gambling card game, you're going to need to learn how to properly shuffle the playing cards.
This "How To Shuffle" video tutorial will show you how to cut a deck of playing cards for poker.
1. Place the deck face down in front of you on the table. The deck should be lying in landscape mode, meaning that one of the long edges of the deck should be facing you.
2. Place a cut card on the table, in horizontal mode, a couple inches past the deck.
3. Using one hand, place your thumb on the inside edge and your other fingers on 4. Cut the deck by pinching a significant number of cards from the top of the deck using your thumb on one long edge and two or three fingers on the opposite long 5. Lift this chunk of cards slightly off the deck, move it forward and place it on top of the cut card lying on the table.
6. Using the same hand, lift the remaining cards slightly off the table and place them on top of the cards lying on the cut card.
7. Square up the deck using one or both hands.
8. Place the deck of cards, with the cut card on the bottom, in one of your hands and prepare to deal.
After cutting the deck, you usually proceed to deal the cards to the players.
PS: Check out the second video from the dealer's point of view.
Have an iPhone? Check out all 200+ new features coming in iOS 13.