Want to learn how shuffle a deck of playing cards? In order to be a great dealer for poker, baccarat, blackjack, Texas Hold'Em or any other gambling card game, you're going to need to learn how to properly shuffle the playing cards.
This "How To Shuffle" video tutorial will show you how to riffle shuffle playing cards for poker.
1. Place the deck face down in front of you on the table.
2. Place both thumbs on the near long edge of the deck. Place both middle and ring fingers on the far long edge of the deck. Place your pinky fingers on the outside short edges of the deck.
3. Cut the deck in half by lifting the top half of the deck slightly off the table and to the right. Move the lower half of the cards slightly to the left.
4. Angle the two halves of the deck so that the outside short edges come closer to you by about 20%.
5. Using your pinky fingers, move the cards closer together and using your thumbs, lightly bend up the two intersecting corners. Your thumbs (and the two decks) should almost be touching each other.
6. Release some of the pressure on your thumbs and allow the corners of each card to fall into one another as they drop to the table. Try to make the cards alternate between the two decks as they fall.
7. Leaving the cards on the table, square the deck by using your fingers (especially your pinky fingers) to push the two halves together. Refrain from lifting the cards off the table in a bridging motion.
After riffling, you will probably strip shuffle the deck of cards.
PS: Check out the second video for a different view.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.