Want to learn how shuffle a deck of playing cards? In order to be a great dealer for poker, baccarat, blackjack, Texas Hold'Em or any other gambling card game, you're going to need to learn how to properly shuffle the playing cards.
This "How To Shuffle" video tutorial will show you how to spread a deck of playing cards for poker. Every new deck should be checked for accuracy, completeness, and imperfections each time it enters a table.
1. Lay the deck face up on the table near your left elbow (the 9 o'clock position).
2. Using your right hand, slide the cards in a half-circle from the 9 o'clock position to the 3 o'clock position. Try to distribute the playing cards on the table as evenly as possible.
3. Inspect the deck to ensure that all 52 cards, and only 52 cards, are present. Check the cards for marks, discolorations, dents, bends, cracks, or misprints.
4. Using your left hand, scoop the cards from the 9 o'clock position to the 3 o'clock position by placing your fingers under the first card and using your thumb on top of the cards to guide their movement into your palm. When you reach the 3 o'clock position, you might be able to lift the cards completely off the table using only your left hand or you might have to use your right hand to help cradle the cards into your left hand.
5. Using your right hand, lay the deck face down on the table near your left elbow (the 9 o'clock position).
6. Using the same method described above, spread the cards in a half-circle on the table in front of you.
7. Inspect the backs of the cards to ensure that their are no marks, discolorations, dents, bends, cracks, or misprints.
8. Using the same method described above, scoop the cards using your left hand.
You will usually wash the deck after spreading the deck.
Have an iPhone? Check out all 200+ new features coming in iOS 13.