Want to learn how shuffle a deck of playing cards? In order to be a great dealer for poker, baccarat, blackjack, Texas Hold'Em or any other gambling card game, you're going to need to learn how to properly shuffle the playing cards.
This "How To Shuffle" video tutorial will show you how to strip shuffle a deck of playing cards for poker. This is a shuffling procedure that is quite commonly used in many casinos and poker rooms and is also known as boxing the cards or running cuts. There is a bit of a flourish to this card shuffling technique.
1. Lay the cards face down in landscape mode in front of you on the table.
2. Using your left hand, place your thumb on the near long edge, your index finger on top of the cards, your pinky finger on the outside short edge of the deck, and your two middle fingers on the far long edge. Lift the cards slightly off the table,
3. Place your right thumb on the near long edge, your index finger on top, and your middle fingers on the far long edge. Pinch 10-20 cards off the top of the deck.
4. Move your left hand to the left.
5. Allow the cards held in your right hand to drop to the table, using your right index finger to guide the drop.
6. Move your left hand to the right and repeat steps 3 to 5 until all the cards are lying on the table.
After strip shuffling, you will probably riffle shuffle the cards one or two more times and then cut the cards.
PS: Watch the second video for an alternate view.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.